Each Litre of Acapella solution needs to be diluted with 20% water and mixed well.
Clean the canvas using Acapella Cleaner. Rinse thoroughly and allow time for the tent to dry thoroughly before applying the Acapella reproofing treatment.
- Spread the dry canvas on a firm surface.
- Shake the container of Acapella well. If more than one container is being used, you can mix the contents of both, to avoid differences in shade.
- Each litre of reproofing solution should then be diluted with (0.2l = 200cm3ﾠ = 20%) of water and mixed thoroughly.ﾠ
- Apply a thin coat with a stiff brush, always brushing in the same direction. Let the seams act as borders for the different sections.
- If pools of fluid form; brush them out immediately to avoid patches of different colours when the fabric dries.
- Reproof the whole canvas at the same time
- If the tipi canvas appears blotchy a second treatment needs to be applied.
- For the second treatment, where necessary: dilute Acapella with 10% water and apply once more.
The canvas will usually be dry to touch after about 4 hours.ﾠ We recommend hanging the tent in a well-ventilated space for a further 2-3 days prior to use.
The colour marking on the container indicates the colour of the contents.
Always test on a hidden part of the canvas first.
Acapella – precautions for useﾠ
- Must be kept out of children’s reach.
- Contains 20% petroleum spirit and 0.5% ammonia.
- Warning: Injurious to health if inhaled or ingested & by absorption through skin
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- If splashes into eyes or onto skin, rinse well with water.
- Make sure there is good ventilation.
- If you must use where there is insufficient ventilation a breathing mask with chemical fume absorbent function MUST be worn.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Allow the fabric plenty of time to dry before storing.
- Clean brushes in water.
- Any spillage can be removed with water or petroleum spirit.
- Must be stored away from any potential frost.
- Please dispose of remnants in a local recycling centre.
- Think about the environment we all love and do not dispose of leftover fluids in drains or in the countryside.ﾠ