Scarpa Men's Delta GTX Activ Boots
DPD Courier Delivery
at the checkout
The new Scarpa Delta boots are luxury for your feet. With well known elements of Scarpa's boot making heritage, like full grain calf leather uppers and suberb last (boot shape) for comfort the Delta also features the new Activ Fit.
Not just marketing jargon, Activ Fit is a fundamental update to the last (the shape the boot is built around), sole, footbed (insole) and overall design. These four elements combine to give better straight from the box comfort for the typical UK walker.
The boot uppers also feature 'mini speed' lacing, not to make too much of a fuss of the way that the boots lace up but the lacing rings have a rolling action that allows the lace tension to spread equally across the lacing area. This translates to easier more comfortable fitting across the top of the foot.
Waterproof? - Of course! Not only do they feature quality Scarpa leather uppers the boots are lined with Gore-Tex for guaranteed waterproof and breathable qualities. A Vibram sole with PU for cushioning finishes off the boot.
- Colour: Dark Brown full grain leather upper
- Sizes: 42 - 48 EU
Care: Please see recommended boot care products below
Men's Delta GTX Activ Specifications:
- BD last – a new level of instant comfort
- Viscoflex Activ fit insole with memory foam
- GTX lining
- Auto-fit foam inserts in heel area provides perfect foot hold and increased comfort
- Comfort flex midsole for increased underfoot support
- Vibram Biometric sole with Dynamic TPU shank
- New Mini Speed lacing system for incredible cinch
- Rubber toe rand
- Upper – calf leather – colour dark brown
- Weight 1520g pair size 42
Exactly what I was looking for! Poor advice from another retailer meant I ended up with two pairs of boots, both brilliant for mountain use but both too stiff for trail and hill walking. As I have osteoarthritis in one knee, and consequently a tendency for the knee to flex laterally making this and my ankle vulnerable, I needed something with enough longitudinal flex in the midsole to allow me to walk comfortably all day but torsionally stiff enough to prevent rolling of my foot on rough ground.
Follow-up after 46 days :One of best hiking boots I ever had! Superd comfty!
Top quality as you expect from Scarpa. Still wearing in with some 3milers, but feel good already. Looking forward to many comfortable miles.
Early days but so far so good. Not let any water in and walked through stream for good distance the other day.Couple of saw points on feet but not too bad for wearing in.One of glued seams on the toe has a Bobble / air gap in it so not sure how long it will last?
Follow-up after 45 days : Excellent
|view all feefo reviews >|
- Hi, I am considering a pair of these Scarpa Delta GTX Mens Activ Boots for a trip to Ben Nevis in early December with my Uni, my question is, Would this be a suitable boot to take Grivel G10 Crampons if conditions dictate? Comparing the images of this Delta boot and a Scarpa SL Activ they seem to share exactly the same Vibram sole, apart from the addition of the Rand on the SL's I believe, so am I better going for the SL's (size 45 currently out of stock) or even Scarpa Mantra's on this terrain? What would you recommend? Kind regards, Jason P.S will you be restocking the Scarpa Boot Bag before Dec`25 ? Thanks.
Hello, thank you for your question. I would definately suggest the SL over the Delta, as the Delta is not a crampon compatible boot. The SL will offer the stiffness and security that you need, particularly when securely attaching a crampon. The Manta is the next step up in performance and will take an articulated crampon, but will not be such a good "all-rounder". Lastly, I am not aware of the boot bag coming into the range in the near future.
PS - We do have stock of the SL in our stores, if you would like a pair, please let me know and I can arrange this for you.
I hope this helps.
- I am looking at doing The west highland way and coast to coast this year my question is what boot would you recommend the Scarpa Men's Kinesis Tech GTX Boot - Shark or scarpa delta gtx active boot thanks john
Thanks for your question.
Both the Scarpa Kinesis and the Delta would be suitable for the terrain you would encounter on the walks you have mentioned. The deciding factors would be whether you would prefer a smooth leather finish of the Delta, or a nubuck leather finish of the Kinesis.
Another factor to consider is the Kinesis is very slightly stiffer than the Delta, and therefore is aimed at slightly more challenging mountain terrain. It also has a more complete protective rand than the Delta. Therefore the Kinesis would be more suited to your walks if you are expecting to tackle challenging mountain terrain.
- Hi, I'm interested in the Scarpa Delta Boots. I do a lot of winter hiking in rough terrain and am concerned if these boots will be tough enough for the job as i know little about calf leather. Thanks, Matt.
Thanks for your question, Matt.
These boots will offer comfort and support in rough terrain for 3 season walking. The calf leather will be tough enough, as long as you keep it treated and proofed to keep the leather supple. It is a fairly stiff boot but will become fairly flexible over time.
If you were considering mountain walking and scrambling then you may want to consider a 3-4 season boot which will be stiffer. The closeat comparison would be the Scarpa SL Activ boots. Above that would be the Scarpa Manta boot.
- You May Also Like...
HS12 Proofing is a silicone based Hydro-stop cream manufactured to Scarpa's own secret formula! Its unique properties wil......Save 10% £6.30£7.00
Superfeet's most popular insole, ideal for athletic footwear and active sports, providing maximum support & shock absorption...Save 10% £31.45£34.95